Thursday, October 22, 2009

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

"Desmond has a barrow in the marketplace
Molly is a singer in a band..."

Yes, dear bloggers, above is the opening line to one of my most favorite Beatles songs.  My oldest daughter and I would sing it together when she was little, scream it actually, at the top of our lungs.  Even to this day,  I hear the first few notes and just feel awashed with...happiness.

I think that's why I love this song.  It's just pure, unadulterated happiness. 

"Desmond says to Molly 'Girl, I like your face'
And Molly says this as she takes him by the hand:

Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da
Life goes oooooooooon, la la la la Life goes on"

How true is that?  In most situations, life really does go on.  Even when it may feel like your entire world is crumbling around you, the reality is that you will get through this.  Eventually.  Maybe one should just do like John and Paul did and make up some non-sensical word that just feels good.  Then, put that feeling to words and music.

And what could be better than a love story with a happy ending?  Desmond and Molly have a bunch of kids, and live happily ever after.  It's just a warm fuzzy, don'tcha think?

Happy Thursday everyone!

No comments: